Friday, January 29, 2010

Maximum Capacity

















So yesterday could have possibly been the most exciting day of my pregnancy thus far: the 4D Ultrasound!!!! Of course I have been super excited for Graham to get here, but seeing that sweet little man inside my tummy made everything so real! Since walking out of that ultrasound room yesterday, Eric and I have said to eachother over 50 times "I just cannot wait until he gets here". He was absolutely so precious, so perfect that it makes tears well up in my eyes! He loves his hands and had them balled up at his mouth for the first 30 minutes of the ulltrasound. His little fingers are extremely long and skinny, and everyone has said he has my nose. I have a honker, so I am not sure if the distortion from the 4D was making his nose look a bit large or if he really has a Looney nose, but I personally see some of Eric's features in his face. My heart melted when he grinned at us, and luckily we got that shot on one of the many photos the tech gave us as well as the DVD! As you can imagine, I have stared at these pictures all day today! Something as amazing as seeing your little baby overshadows any negativity that pregnancy brings, EVEN stretchmarks! Yes, it is true, I hit my maximum capacity this past weekend. I noticed a small patch of purple striations underneath the left side of my belly, and I was just sick! I don't mind being fat, swollen, and hungry for a certain amount of time but I just did not want to be permanently scarred from this. God definitely brought things into perspective yesterday; it was as if He was saying "Quit whining, look who is patiently waiting to meet you. A few stretch marks are a small price to pay for this beautiful baby". So now I will stop complaining about my pregnancy "badge" or whatever they call it!

I also had my glucose screening yesterday, or at least I was supposed to have it done. After peeing in the cup first thing yesterday, I was bombarded by all of the lab ladies. They demanded to know what exactly I had eaten for breakfast. I innocently replied, "Lucky Charms". They were like, "oh my gosh that is awful". Well EX-CUUUSEE me, but if I am not mistaken, I am pregnant, and pregnant ladies like weird and tasty things. Why is this so awful? Apparently, Lucky Charms are loaded with sugar and not very good for a glucose screening because my sugar levels were at 2+ which is supposedly very bad. How was I to know? They even gave me a diabetic diet to follow, which my Dr. told me to ignore until I actually failed the glucose test. So say prayers that the repeat glucose screening comes back normal, and don't worry, I will NOT eat Lucky Charms for breakfast this time! Have a fantastic weekend and enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Rachel Corscadden. My husband, Eric, and I live in Homewood, Alabama with our two dogs, Hank and Paisley. We are expecting our first child in April 2010! We are truly blessed with wonderful families and friends and could not be any happier! Thanks for visiting!