Tuesday, November 24, 2009

IT'S A BOY!!


Last week my mother, mother in law, and I went to my 2nd trimester ultrasound! I was super excited to get to see the baby move around and even more anxious to find out what color I should be buying my little baby! The ultrasound started and of course the tech turns the screen away from the psycho pregnant lady until she is done with all of her measurements for the doctor (I repeatedly asked if there was a heartbeat and she ignored me! I was about to get a little angry and begin hyperventilating!). Finally she turns the screen to me and I was overwhelmed with love for this little alien in my tummy. It is so weird how overcome with emotions you get when you watch your baby inside of you; it is hard to imagine that something so tiny can mean so much to you but when you experience this the emotions are intense! She pointed out the skull, arms and legs and I even caught the tech once as she said "There is her little hand above her head!" I had studied up on ultrasounds, and I knew what to look for as far as gender prediction goes: 3 little lines for a girl, and the obvious "mushroom" shape for a boy. All of a sudden I saw 2 little legs kick up on the screen and my eyes immediately began scanning for "the part". I saw it! Even after I heard the tech slip up and call my baby a "her", I knew that the protrusion between those precious little legs was unmistakable: a baby boy.




I will honestly admit that although I truly thought I was having a boy, I really wanted a baby girl first. The primary reason for this was because Eric's family has not had a girl born in several generations and I just want to have one girl in my house full of boys haha! I quickly became excited that I was staring at a healthy, beautiful boy, and could not wait to go shopping! I called Eric as soon as I hopped off of that exam table (poor thing had to work all week out of town) and he answered with, "We are having a Greer aren't we?" and I said "Nope, a little baby Graham Hayes." He was so sweet as he came home Friday with a bag from my favorite baby store, Giggles and Coos in Auburn. He had picked out a few PRECIOUS outfits, a "lovie" blankie, and some hilarious "Tee Tee Tee Pee's". You set them on the wee-wee so you don't get pee everywhere when you change their diapers. Since this was my biggest complaint with boys (and men as well! Hit the target already haha!) I thought his gift was perfect! Now that tiny closet will quickly be filled with the cutest outfits I can find!

I am so blessed right now. This Thanksgiving is going to be fantastic as we get to share our excitement about Graham Hayes with our family and friends. I am so thankful for everything that God has provided me, even when I did not expect it! I cannot wait for Graham to get here- this pregnancy is flying by!

1 comment:

  1. You will love having a boy Rachel! That tee tee tee-pee will definitely come in handy! I have wished I had one on several occasions - ha!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Rachel Corscadden. My husband, Eric, and I live in Homewood, Alabama with our two dogs, Hank and Paisley. We are expecting our first child in April 2010! We are truly blessed with wonderful families and friends and could not be any happier! Thanks for visiting!