Monday, March 1, 2010

Nesting and Showers

So I never truly understood the concept of nesting when reading other friends' blogs and discussing how mommies get ready for baby in the past. Now I get why nesting is listed as a symptom in all of my pregnancy books because I have worn myself, and my husband, out this weekend organizing, scrubbing, and preparing my home for a new little person. Nesting really is a surge of energy, perhaps in fear that you will go into labor without having prepared for visitors and a baby in your home. In the midst of all of my OCD cleaning, I began to wonder how refolding all of our clothes in the dresser and going through our bathroom cabinets and reorganizing my lotions was preparing for baby. The lady at Aveda was snickering as I came in to purchase my travel sized shampoo and conditioner for the hospital and even commented, "it's not like you are going on an airplane". I thought, "lady, I am about to undergo a traumatic event where icky yucky things will be on my body. All I want is to enjoy my shower afterwards and smell like my favorite shampoo, not some industrial-grade soap, and I want it in those cute little handy bottles. Let me nest, dammit!" Speaking of showers, I had my first baby shower last weekend hosted by some of my best friends Lesley, Lena, and Kaylin. They did SUCH an amazing job, and I loved getting to see some old friends! I loved everything that was given to me for Graham. We got his diaper bag, diapers, bath sets including a tub, stroller system, crib bedding, grocery cart cover, clothes, several blankies and towels and much more! Here are some pics from the shower, followed by some pics of my FINISHED nursery! Yes, you heard correctly! My crib came in and Eric and Daddy put it together while we were at the shower. I even used the precious poms from the shower and hung them in the nursery!

As far as my health goes, I am feeling pretty good! I have to pee on the hour, and that only seems to be getting worse as Graham grows and drops more. The heartburn is back with a vengeance, and my swelling varies depending on how much I am on my feet! I have a strong intuition that Graham is going to come early. My family and friends feel the same way, but some people say don't bet on it! I don't know why, but I just feel "ripe" haha! My stretch marks are becoming more defined and Graham is an active little booger, but instead of kicks and punches I now feel rolling over and bulges. He is definitely running low on space, and so is my dinner! I can hardly eat a few bites and I am full as a tight tick! I am really excited about travelling to Florence this weekend for one of my baby showers on Sunday! I will post pics next week! I also have a Dr.'s appointment on Friday so I will keep you updated on how that goes! Here are some belly pics of me at almost 33 weeks!! Enjoy!

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Rachel Corscadden. My husband, Eric, and I live in Homewood, Alabama with our two dogs, Hank and Paisley. We are expecting our first child in April 2010! We are truly blessed with wonderful families and friends and could not be any happier! Thanks for visiting!