Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Moving Right Along

WOW! I am 1/3 of the way through my pregnancy! The first trimester has flown by, and today I am breathing a sigh of relief. Yesterday Eric and I went for our 13 week Dr.'s appointment and got to hear the heartbeat. As soon as I saw the nurse turn the corner with that doppler in her hand, I was on my back with my belly out ready for some proof that our little tot was still safe and sound! Thank goodness we immediately heard the fast "whooshing" noise of a tiny heart hard at work! When I asked the nurse if the heart rate was good, she said "It sounds like a girl". Eric's face was priceless, haha! Even though we know that she was guessing, I loved hearing those words since there has not been a girl born into the Corscadden family in 3 generations! I proceeded to tell Dr. Ingram that I had been highly tempted to rent an at-home fetal doppler online, and she looked half amused/half afraid that I may act on this temptation, and then she would have a pregnant crazy lady coming in everyday freaking out because I cannot find the heart beat at home! I have this new sense of relief that I am sure will be interrupted with yet another worry, but for now I am at peace, and blessed that the tot is okay!

I have developed a new symptom, which may be the worst yet: SEVERE headaches. I am not talking about an "ouch my noggin hurts" kind of pain, I am talking about lights out, no talking or movement or I may seriously hurt you excrutiating pain. I am truly convinced that Tylenol is a sugar pill and nothing but a Placebo pill to make pregnant ladies think they are going to feel better. (For those of you not pregnant, Tylenol is the only OTC medication recommended for use by pregnant ladies for pain.) Thankfully, my doctor prescribed me Fioricet and I have relief. I have never been keen on relying on medication, but that little orange bottle is my new security blanket, and I won't leave home without it. I pray these headaches will go away soon!

I am also continuing to cope with the weight gain. Yesterday Dr. Ingram said my weight, OUT LOUD, in front of Eric! I have never disclosed the numerical aspects of my weight to my husband, but I guess pregnancy airs out all of your dirty laundry! When we got in the car and I was freaking out about it, he said, "It's ok babe, you can just lose it all as soon as you have the baby". Poor thing, he keeps having to reassure me that I am not disgusting in his eyes and that he still loves me. I should have enough self esteem to know that I am having a baby and you gain weight when you get pregnant, but I just need some reassurance as I feel about as far from sexy as you can be! Weight gain combined with mood swings equals psycho wife, so thank you dear husband for dealing with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Rachel Corscadden. My husband, Eric, and I live in Homewood, Alabama with our two dogs, Hank and Paisley. We are expecting our first child in April 2010! We are truly blessed with wonderful families and friends and could not be any happier! Thanks for visiting!